Friday, November 12, 2021

ROWENA'S CHOICE by Author Angela Lain **COURTING CHAOS SERIES**


Welcome to Romance Sweet Reads. Today our guest is author Angela Lain. Her new book, Rowena’s Choice is the fourth book in the exciting new western historical series, Courting Chaos.


Rowena Bradbury followed her father into the West after being banished from her Uncle’s home. To her dismay, her father had remarried, and there was no place for her in his new home. For the immediate future the town of Piney Ridge provided her with a job, but maybe marriage was the way forward?

There were many single men clamouring for her attention; how was a girl to choose? Should it be the young deputy who was so kind and considerate, but had no home of his own; the wealthy rancher with political aspirations, who was actively seeking a wife; or the handsome lawyer, who, in her opinion, had damaged her father’s position with his new wife?

All had good points and bad points, how could she avoid the wrong decision?

Get Rowena’s Choice on Kindle Unlimited


In his estimation, the young lady was alone, but one of the men appeared to be pushing his attentions on her. Maybe the man was being helpful, but the lady’s attitude said not. She had stepped back, and turned away, but the man still crowded her, closing the distance she was trying to put between them. This was why he was here, to moderate in such situations. As deputy sheriff he could offer any assistance she might need without her worrying about being compromised, his badge gave him that authority.

The man stepped closer once again as the young lady retreated. He caught sight of Charlie, approaching from behind her. He must have seen the badge, prominent on Charlie’s vest, because he stepped back, tipped his hat, and walked away. Charlie saw the young lady’s shoulders droop in relief.

“Good afternoon, miss. I see you are alone. Can I be of any assistance?” He caught the eye of Dillon Mason, the stage coach porter and clerk, who was heaving a trunk onto the sidewalk. Dillon gave him a curt nod, obviously he too had seen the byplay.

The young lady turned to eye him doubtfully, she relaxed again when she saw his badge.

“Thank you, Deputy. Possibly you can, I need to know where I can find Mr. Harry Bradbury.”

Charlie thought for a second, it wasn’t a name familiar to him, but new residents arrived weekly, and he may have missed a name.

“I am not sure…”

“He only arrived recently. He married a lady from this area, I believe her name was Holborn.”

“Mrs. Holborn, yes of course. She is now Mrs. Bradbury. Pardon me, I believe I only saw them the day they got off the stage. I don’t believe I was ever introduced.”

“I see, can you tell me where they are now living?”

Charlie was slightly taken aback at her question. How did she not know these things about her father?

“Mrs. Holborn, I mean Mrs. Bradbury, owns a farm some five miles out.”

“So my father has definitely become a farmer? He does not have a job here in town?”

“I am pretty certain he is not in town.”

Her shoulders drooped again, she seemed in despair.

“Look, come along to the sheriff’s office with me. I will see if I can get the buggy and take you out to see your father. I expect he will be thrilled to see you.”

She gave a rather dispirited nod and took his arm when he offered.


My name is Angela and I live in the countryside in Norfolk, UK, with my husband (an engineer) and my horse. I have two children and three grandchildren, son has a daughter and daughter has twins. I help my daughter with her horses and her whippets (and the twins!) I tend both house and garden, rather reluctantly, and I write and read.

For years I had woven stories in my head, I put the first one on paper while I sat through several endless nights when my young daughter was ill. The bug bit and I slaved long over a typewriter to have a single romance novel accepted and published back in 1990. Then I gave up, too much family life and a business to run. Finally I am less busy, and the availability of computers and self-publishing made it possible to do my own thing.

I write both historical and contemporary romance. I love historical; I enjoy the research, and I write stories set both in America and England. I write sweet stories in the Multi-author series, and others which are (in the words of one of my lovely reviewers) a little bit naughty. Here I don’t always leave at the bedroom door.

I like a bit of adventure, excitement and danger. My characters have been involved on the Oregon Trail, in Indian raids in the west, and in the Crimean war. They have been variously stranded in snow storms, caught in tornadoes, kidnapped by ruffians and trapped in cellars. Generally the heroes are tough and noble, and the heroines are feisty and independent. One thing they always get is their happy ending. I don’t like a book without a happy ending, so I really cannot write one.



The first four books in this exciting new series can be found on their Kindle Unlimited Series Page

~ ~ ~

Thank you for stopping by. Please come back again soon for more authors and their entertaining books.

Blessings,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment