Monday, February 27, 2023

AMANDA (RESCUE ME ~ MAIL~ORDER BRIDES - Book 9) by Author MARIANNE SPITZER *Book Birthday*

Welcome back to Romance Sweet Reads. Today we're going to continue with our feature of a new series of sweet/inspirational, western historical romances. The series, RESCUE ME (Mail-Order Brides) consists of twenty-five books, releasing once per week, every Monday. So, sit back and enjoy!

The ninth book in the Rescue Me (Mail Order Brides) series, is Amanda, by Author Marianne Spitzer.

Amanda Sutton, the nanny to a wealthy family in Chicago, becomes suspicious of her employer when the man’s wife dies unexpectedly.

Overhearing a conversation between her employer and his lover, Amanda knows she needs to flee town before the man realizes Amanda knows more than she should.

Amanda finds an ad from a man who wants a mail-order bride immediately. In a panic that her employer would come after her, Amanda doesn’t give much thought to the strange ad. Instead, she leaves for Wyoming on the next train heading west.

When she arrives in Wyoming, things are not as expected, but the sheriff helps her find a nanny position. All seems well until the man she ran from comes to town looking for her.

Can a woman running for her life and a man who doesn’t want a woman in his life fall in love and find happiness?

Available exclusive on Kindle Unlimited

"He tipped his hat and said, “Good afternoon, miss. I’m Sheriff Quint Steele. May I be of any assistance? It appears you’re waiting for someone.”

Amanda smiled and said, “Yes, I am. I’m waiting for my fiancé, but I arrived a day early. Perhaps he didn’t get my telegram.”

“Your fiancé? Congratulations. If you tell me his name, maybe I can send my deputy after him and let him know you’ve arrived.”

“Oh, thank you,” Amanda replied. “His name is Cyril Reymond, and he owns a ranch close to town.”

The smile fell from the sheriff’s face, and a frown took its place. “We should sit down and discuss this. I assume you’re here in answer to his mail-order bride ad?”

Amanda nodded and sat back down on the bench.

“He’s not dead or injured, is he?” Amanda stammered.

Sheriff Steele shrugged. “Not to my knowledge, but you should know a few things before meeting Cyril Reymond.”

Amanda nodded again.

The sheriff began to explain. “Cyril Reymond owns a saloon several miles from here. It sits closer to Cheyenne than it does to Prairieville and has quite a reputation. Nothing that anyone has been able to prove, but rumor has it he sends for mail-order brides, convinces them that he has a huge ranch not too far from town, and that she can stay there safely until the traveling preacher comes around. He runs ads using several local communities where the women have arrived. Too many disappearing from the same town would be suspicious. He doesn’t always come in person. More often than not, he sends one of his men, who claims he’s the ranch foreman. But, of course, most people don’t report a missing mail-order bride. We have a preacher here in town, but Reymond is a fast talker and spirits the women out of town nearly as soon as they set foot in town. You’re fortunate you arrived a day early.”


My passion is writing. When I am not writing, I am reading or watching sunsets. I have been writing short stories since I was in elementary school. Most were in the form of essays relating real-life events. Many were purely imaginary trips to magical places and times. I enjoy making up stories about people I meet or see on the street. My imagination runs wild and free. Besides my novels and companion short stories, I have self-published a book of children’s stories I used to tell to my granddaughter, Brittney, and two books of supernatural short stories.

I have been reading and loving supernatural stories and mysteries since I picked up my first Nancy Drew book. I also read all the Hardy Boy books I could find. I am a fan of Stephen King, Wendy Corsi Staub, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and Agatha Christie. I also have a romantic side that is drawn to the mail-order bride stories of the 1800s.

I write cozy mystery, supernatural mystery, and Western Historical romance.

I love spring, summer, and starlight, but ice and snow make my dislike list. I have two children and two grandchildren who are the joys of my life.





Women on the run! But from what? Will they need rescuing? Or, will these intrepid heroines have the faith and the strength to rescue themselves while finding their ultimate reward? True love!

You can find the entire Rescue Me ~ Mail-Order Brides series exclusively on

~ ~ ~'

Thank you for stopping by. Please come back again next week for another feature on this wonderful series. Until then, stay happy, healthy, and safe.

Blessings,
Nancy

5 comments:

  1. It sounds fabulous - it is already in my kindle waiting to be read. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the set up for this! A great addition to a wonderful series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read this book.

    ReplyDelete