Monday, February 13, 2023

MATHILDA (RESCUE ME ~ MAIL~ORDER BRIDES - Book 7) by Author SARAH LAMB *BOOK BIRTHDAY*

 

Welcome back to Romance Sweet Reads. Today we're going to continue with our feature of a new series of sweet/inspirational, western historical romances. The series, RESCUE ME (Mail-Order Brides) consists of twenty-five books, releasing once per week, every Monday. So, sit back and enjoy!

The seventh book in the Rescue Me (Mail Order Brides) series, is Mathilda, by Author Sarah Lamb.

The last thing Mathilda thought she’d be doing was boarding the Titanic to escape the danger hot on her heels. With knowledge of important papers that could get her killed and a wad of money, she’s trying to get as far away as she can with her older sister.

Fleeing for her life, she becomes a mail order bride. However, Mathilda discovers she might not be able to keep her past a secret. The man she’s supposed to marry is a policeman, with a sixth sense she’s hiding something. He’s also the kindest man she’s ever met, and she’s quickly falling in love with him.

By the time Mathilda decides to confess the truth and hope for the best, as well as his love in return, it may be too late, and lives may be lost.

Available exclusively on Kindle Unlimited
Also availabe in Print


Mathilda exited and turned, waving goodbye as the train moved on without her. Determined not to linger on her fears, she spun around and looked right into the eyes of the most handsome man she’d ever seen. He wore the uniform of a police officer.

His dirty blond hair was curling slightly under his hat, which he tipped. “Ma’am,” he said. “Welcome to Midway.”

“Thank you,” she said softly, feeling very shy. Mathilda looked quickly around, then bit her lip. “I…I wonder if you could help me. I’m afraid I’m a bit lost. I just arrived, and I’m looking for Logan Fitzwick. I’m here to be his mail-order bride.”

The man looked at her, stunned. “My what?”

“Mail-order bride,” Mathilda repeated, her cheeks flaming. “I wired, and…” she stopped. It was a mistake. She knew it was. “You are Mr. Fitzwick?”

The man shook his head. “I’m sorry. Yes. I’ve been expecting you. I just wasn’t expecting someone as pretty as you are.” He eyed her critically. “What’s wrong with you? Why are you a mail-order bride?”

Stunned, Mathilda froze. She was bursting with embarrassment, but somehow she channeled her sister’s practiced haughtiness. “I beg your pardon? I’ve had a long journey. Perhaps the question is what’s wrong with you, that you had to order a mail-order bride?”


Sarah Lamb is the mother of two boys and wife to a teacher. She spends her days writing and editing books in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley.



Women on the run! But from what? Will they need rescuing? Or, will these intrepid heroines have the faith and the strength to rescue themselves while finding their ultimate reward? True love!

You can find the entire Rescue Me ~ Mail-Order Brides series exclusively on

~ ~ ~'

Thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you again soon.

Blessings,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm so excited to be joining all of the other talented authors in this series! Every story is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading this. I'm addicted to this new series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic story. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for your next one in this series.

    ReplyDelete