Monday, April 24, 2023

ABILENE (RESCUE ME ~ MAIL~ORDER BRIDES - Book 17) by Author KIMBERLY GRIST *BOOK BIRTHDAY*

Welcome back to Romance Sweet Reads. Today we're going to continue with our feature of a new series of sweet/inspirational, western historical romances. The series, RESCUE ME (Mail-Order Brides) consists of twenty-five books, releasing once per week, every Monday. So, sit back and enjoy!

The seventeenth book in the Rescue Me (Mail Order Brides) series, is Abilene, by Author Kimberly Grist. 

A marriage made in Heaven between a bootlegger’s daughter and a hard-hearted sheriff, they go together like moonshine and bad decisions. Will Abilene find a way to penetrate the barriers of the sheriff’s heart?

A hopeless romantic, Abilene is on the run again, dreaming of her happily ever after- an understanding husband, a house in the country, and peace.
Sheriff Mark Joseph learned the hard way that love only leads to heartache and is not worth the risk. The last thing he needs is a wife. Long work hours with a healthy dose of danger are the best antidote to a broken heart.

Will Abilene find a way to penetrate the barriers of the sheriff’s heart?

Available exclusively on Kindle Unlimited

“A young woman like you, Abilene, should have better things to do than dreaming about your next hiding place. You ought to have a home of your own and a husband who loves you. You sure deserve better than this.”

Despite the soreness in her body, Abilene’s mouth twitched at the irony of her mother’s statement as she searched among the onions and herbs that hung from ropes suspended from the ceiling. From their folds, she retrieved a few pouches containing coins hidden away to meet the needs of her family. “Oh, I usually save that kind of dreaming for when I’m in the garden and can envision a handsome husband and a home in the country while I work. It’s like my very own fairy tale,” Abilene teased, wishing she could do more to lift the burden that weighed so heavily on her mother’s thin shoulders. “Then, depending on how much weeding I have to do, if there’s time, I can add love and lots of children to my fantasy.”

“While you’re dreaming up that husband of yours, make sure he’s the type who knows how to keep his plow in a straight line. That’s your pa’s trouble, always allowing the ways of the world to wrap around him like a weed instead of allowing God to do any pruning.” Her mother stared into the distance. “Your grandpa tried to warn me about his character, but I wouldn’t listen. He told me the lazy man was filling my head with a bunch of pretty words and nonsense. My father was right. Unfortunately, your pa is selfish, and on the rare occasion he sinks low enough in his misery to repent, it only lasts until he can gather enough coins to pay for his next bottle.”

Abilene’s brow furrowed. “You’re the wisest woman I know, so if you made a mistake in judgment, I can’t imagine what kind of mess I’ll make of things.”

Kimberly Grist is married to her high school sweetheart, Nelson, a former teacher and coach, now a pastor. They have three adult sons, one with Down syndrome, and they have a passion for encouraging others with family members with special needs.

As a young girl, I enjoyed making up stories to make people laugh. But in reality, I wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder of Little House on the Prairie fame. The problem is I was born in the wrong century. My stories are designed to entertain, refresh, and encourage you, the reader. They combine History, Humor, and Romance, emphasizing Faith, Friends, and Good Clean Fun.



Women on the run! But from what? Will they need rescuing? Or, will these intrepid heroines have the faith and the strength to rescue themselves while finding their ultimate reward? True love!

You can find the entire Rescue Me ~ Mail-Order Brides series exclusively on

~ ~ ~'

Thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you again soon.

Blessings,
Nancy


 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another bestseller in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Nancy- I am so happy to be part of this series and had a lot of fun writing Abilene's story!

    ReplyDelete