Friday, May 6, 2022

LEMON DROP KISSES by Author Farrah Lee *Book Birthday** **The Orchard Brides**

Welcome back Romance Sweet Reads. We're moving on to Book 8 in The Orchard Brides series. Lemon Drop Kisses is by Author Farrah Lee. Let's take a peek...
Cher Crawford started her wedding planner business right out of college with every penny she’d scrimped and saved and now she was finally on her way to the top- the rich and famous. Her new client could put her there. But this was the biggest job of her career, she would have to pull out everything she had to accomplish the wedding of the century. Which meant she really didn’t have time for him.

Christian Abbott was frustrated that his college degree was being wasted because his father refused to make any changes and expand the family Orchard. He had a plan, a good sound plan and wanted to see it through. He wanted to save the Orchard that had been in his family for seventy-five years. To do this, things needed to change…but she definitely wasn’t the change he had in mind.

Can they set aside their ambition in time to see what is right in front of them?

You can find Lemon Drop Kisses exclusively on Kindle Unlimited

Chapter One
Cher


“Yellow? Are you sure?”

Why would she want yellow? It’s so hard to make it look classy. I have to talk her out of yellow, but gently. She’s a huge client.

“Well, yellow isn’t my favorite color so, if you think it’s bad, I guess I could change it,” Tiffany sighed.

“Why don’t you tell me what inspired you to ask for it. It might help me help you.”

“Cher, your next appointment is on the phone,” Lydia, my secretary buzzed in.

“Thank you,” I buzzed back, “find out if it’s urgent. If not, I’ll call her back right after this.”

“Do you need to go?” Tiffany asked.

“Don’t worry about that interruption. I have as much time as you need, so talk to me. I want your wedding to be perfect.”

“Promise you won’t laugh.” Tiffany picked at something on her pants. 

“I won’t, I promise.” I grabbed her fidgeting hands. “I can tell you feel strongly about this, so let’s have it.”

“My favorite fruit is lemons. I love them so much.” She crinkled her nose at me. “I can’t skip a day without eating them. I see them in my dreams. It’s like an addiction.”

I had promised I wouldn’t laugh, but the giggle was pushing its way up from somewhere deep inside me. I squeezed her hands then slowly stood and walked over to the windows overlooking the ocean. I let a smile or two, or five, escape, then turned back to my very wealthy client and her mother.

“Then lemon yellow it is. Let me have a day or two to put some design ideas together and we’ll meet back here on Wednesday afternoon. Let’s say noon.” I walked back over to Tiffany.

“Really? You think yellow will be alright?” Tiffany pushed to the front of her chair. “I don’t want my wedding to be tacky, and I so very much want it to be different than any other wedding any one has ever been to.”

I pulled her to her feet, still holding onto her hands. I looked her right in the eyes and smiled. “I can do that for you.”

“Miss Crawford, you came highly recommended so I trust you will make my daughter’s wedding one that will make the front cover of magazines.” Tiffany’s mother, Barbara, stood clutching her Gucci purse. “If she wants yellow, then it’s your job to make it perfect, no expense spared. The more extravagant the better.”

“Absolutely.” I pointed to the words on the wall behind my desk: Where We Make All Your Dreams A Reality.

I wrote my first story in 4th grade....it still sits in a box today. My passion to write was reignited by my daughter who reminded me it’s never too late.

I’m a native Floridian from a large family and according to them if you weren’t at the beach every weekend with fried chicken and potato salad then you weren’t feeling well. I was Raised on old fashion values and church. I went on to marry the cute boy who stepped on the school bus my first day of middle school.

Thirty-five years later I have three amazing kids and two wonderful grandsons I’d call my greatest accomplishments in life. Now it’s finally my time...to write the stories in my head that only I’ve heard until now.



You can find The Orchard Brides series exclusively on
~ ~ ~
Thank you so much for stopping by today. We've got two more books to share in the next week, so be sure to come back. But, while you're waiting, don't forget to grab the first eight books in this sweet romance series.

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment