Monday, May 9, 2022

APPLE TREE KISSES by Author Jessica Parker **Book Birthday** **The Orchard Brides**

Well, we've reached the 9th book in The Orchard Brides series! What a fun ride it's been. Today, we welcome Author Jessica Parker and her new release, Apple Tree Kisses.

Can love strike twice?

Web designer and single mom Kim Dawson has been struck by love before. It left her widowed and struggling to provide for her daughter Zoey. Eight years later, she's too busy providing everything she can for Zoey. Everything that is, except for a father, and Zoey knows just who that should be.

Knox Taylor has begrudgingly returned home to the Orchard and has no plans to stay. Teaching horse riding lessons is something to pass the time until he can return to the rodeo. When he meets Kim, he can't deny the sparks, or the fact that Zoey's got him wrapped around her little finger.

Kim refuses to acknowledge the sparks flying when she's around Knox. After all he's not sticking around, and it's not just her heart on the line, it's Zoey's too.

Can Kim risk being struck by love a second time when she knows he's leaving?

Apple Tree Kisses is available exclusive on Kindle Unlimited

Chapter One

The long beep blared from the washer, loud enough that I heard it from the kitchen over the pop-rock blasting from my phone. I put down the knife on the pink cutting board, next to the apple I'd finished slicing for mine and Zoey's snack. She’d insisted on having apples before our trip to the apple orchard today. Her second grade class had been learning about growing things, and Zoey had picked the trip for our Saturday mommy daughter date. The washer beeped again to remind me I could switch the whites to the dryer.

I glanced at the clock on the microwave to check the time. Forty minutes before we needed to leave to reach the orchard in time for our tour. Plenty of time to switch the laundry, take out the trash, and finish prepping our morning snack.

Zoey was supposed to be getting dressed and brushing her hair. Our morning routine was simple, Zoey helped with starting a load of laundry while I prepared breakfast. By the time we ate and got ready for the day the washer would be done. Then while Zoey got ready I switched the clothes to the dryer so they'd be ready to be put away when we got home later. At least that was the morning routine I tried to follow each day. More mornings than not, nothing went to plan and I was lucky to have her fed and hair brushed before dropping her off at school.

I pulled open the lid to the old washing machine before pulling out the first wet shirt. My heart sank as I took in the pink hue of what was supposed to be the white button-up shirt that I wore to work. A look into the washer revealed the rest of the clothes had also turned pink. I searched through the wet laundry before I found the culprit. A red stuffed toy in the shape of a heart. I got it for her for Valentine's Day last month.

"Mom!" Zoey called from upstairs.

I grabbed the toy, set it to the side, and quickly went through the process of adding bleach and starting the washer again. It wasn't the first time Zoey had slipped a toy into the wash and caused a color mishap.


Mom, author, commercial underwriter, scuba diver. Not all at the same time. Paper and water just don't get along.



You can find all of The Orchard Bride series books on

~ ~ ~

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please come back on the 12th when we'll feature the last book in this wonderful series.

Blessings,
Nancy

1 comment: