Thursday, May 12, 2022

FALLING FOR PAIGE UNDER THE PEACH TREE by Author Kandice E. Geddes **Book Birthday** **The Orchard Brides**

Well, we've made it! The final book, of ten, in The Orchard Brides series of sweet/inspirational romances. Falling for Paige Under the Peach Tree is from Author Kandice E. Geddes is today's feature.

What do you do when you and your twin sister are attracted to the same man?
Fight it out of course...
Or there's always the nicer option of helping your much quieter sister catch the guy.


Identical twins, Paige and Pam, have been inseparable their whole lives. Paige is outgoing and bubbly, whereas Pam is quiet and insecure. They share everything from clothes, to shoes, to the peaches in their family's orchard. But when it comes to men, Pam has always backed down. Unfortunately, they have the same taste as far as the male species goes as well.

But this time, Paige feels like it's her sisterly duty to help Pam catch the guy, even if Chase Spencer is likely the most attractive man to walk the face of the planet. He's tall, dark, and has the dreamiest blue eyes Paige has ever seen. But when she discovers how over the moon Pam is for him, she devises a plan to help her sister come out of her shell, coaching her in ways to attract a man, even if that involves pretending to be Pam when the need calls for it.

Too bad in all her attempts to help her sister, Paige has fallen even harder for Chase, and even worse, he seems to have fallen hard for her as well, thinking she’s her twin. Now she's torn between telling Chase and Pam the truth and risk losing both of their trust forever, or keeping her secret going while hoping everything somehow works out. Yeah, not likely…

Oh, the webs we weave...

Falling for Page Under the Peach Tree is available exclusively

Prologue

“I am so in love!” I said, throwing myself against the back of the bench seat in our extended passenger van, and sighed like the thirteen-year-old girl I was.

“Oh really?” my twin sister Pam eyed me. “Who are you in love with this time?”

“Marcus Pastrami”… The boy’s name literally oozed like melted cheese drizzling over lasagne. He was the new boy at school and was a little too dreamy for his own good.
Pam’s cheeks burned prettily but she didn’t say anything. Did I look that good when I blushed? I could only assume so. Having your virtual mirror-image staring back at you at all times had its benefits. The only difference between us was the small dimple beside my mouth. But if we weren’t smiling, not even our mom could tell us apart.

​She brushed a hand through her long dark hair—which also matched my own—and glanced out the window.

“Are you sure about Marcus?” she asked quietly, her eyes fixated on the passing trees. “He seems a little… bookish for you.”

“Are you calling me dumb, Pammy?”

“Of course not,” she whipped her head back around. “I just know you.”

“And I don’t like guys who read?”

Pam’s eyebrows dipped into a worried slant. “I’m sorry Paige. I didn’t mean to make you feel bad. I know you like guys who read. You’re very smart.”

I had a little too much fun messing with my twin sometimes. Pam was the sweetest person I knew and there was no one I felt closer to, but she might as well wear a big sign that said: I’m cute, I’m saintly, and sarcasm is lost on me.

“Relax, Pam, I’m just teasing.”

The van jerked in the next moment and I gripped the seat in front of me as we went over a large bump in the road, nearly hitting my head on the roof of the van and immediately darted a worried glance over at Pam. Sitting in the back was fun and all, but it didn’t do her weak stomach any favors. She’d get motion sick just walking too fast down the sidewalk. So, how we ended up in the back more often than not was a bit of a puzzle. But then again…

My older brothers and sisters were spoiled and never wanted to endure the roller coaster of the back. And my younger siblings were pretty much a circus sideshow; my mom and dad wanted to keep them close at all times. That left the forgotten saps of the middle of ten kids to sit in the back. And that’s exactly where Pam and I came in.

“Bucket!” she whimpered.

Like clockwork, I whipped the red bucket into her hand. It was usually a false alarm, but it was always good to be prepared.

“Mom!” my younger brother Price shouted. “Pam is puking again!”

“Does she have her bucket?” my mom called back.


Kandice Geddes was born and raised beside the red hills of St. George, Utah. She discovered her love of writing as a small child and began creating stories about mermaids falling for dashing princes. Thank you, Disney. And it only continued from there.

She graduated from Southern Utah University with a track scholarship in Elementary Education and taught 1st Grade for four years.

While living in northern Colorado, she rediscovered her love of writing, especially within the world of sweet romance, and has been pursuing it ever since.

Some of her other loves are: reading, drawing, sugar cookies, watching Disney movies (shocker I know), and spending time with her swoony husband and two highly spirited boys.


You can find all the books in The Orchard Brides series exclusively on
~ ~ ~
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed your sneak peek at all ten books in this series. If you've missed any of them, feel free to scroll down through the posts and check out the nine previous stories in the wonderful, sweet contemporary series.

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Nancy! I loved how this story turned out! It was so much fun being a part of this series. :)

    ReplyDelete