Friday, July 8, 2022

UNSUNG HERO by Author Judy Kentrus **Book Birthday** **A Summer Vacation Romance**


Welcome to Romance Sweet Reads! Today, we’ll be featuring Unsung Hero, by author Judy Kentrus, the fourth book in the new multi-author series, A Summer Vacation Romance. Over the course of the next few weeks, we will be sharing different books from this wonderful new sweet/inspirational, contemporary romance series set among some of our vacation destinations. Sit back, enjoy a sneak peek, and let’s see just how far we can arm-chair travel!

Shane Wallace never considered himself a “hero.” He loved his country and served honorably in the U.S. Navy, retiring six month ago. His life is in a holding pattern, waiting to figure out which direction to take.

Shane and his German Shepherd, Liberty, stay in a campground close to Mt. Rushmore, South Dakota, one of the most patriotic locations in the United States, the first week in July.

When a cat from the neighboring campsite takes off after a squirrel, Liberty joins the free-for-all, chasing the cat up a tree. The owner is beside herself with worry, so Shane volunteers to save her pet. Unknowingly, the cat is a celebrity and the feline’s fans gathered to witness her rescue. Shane flinched when they called him a hero and reluctantly held back claiming, I’m no such thing.


Taylor Parish spends ten months of the year teaching history to middle school children. She spends the rest of her time, driving a converted school bus, nicknamed Tillie. Her co-pilot, is a striped Toyger cat, named Winnemucca.
With the campground being in close proximity to Mt. Rushmore, she’s looking forward to doing research for the next book in her YA series, Adventures with Tillie.

She didn’t count on her mischievous cat needing to be rescued by her neighbor. She wrote about men and women of courage in her books, but this was the first time she’d met one in real life. Puzzled by his strong aversion to the word hero, she decides to make Shane Wallace understand the true meaning of the word “hero.”

Sweet, contemporary romance, with a bit of humor provided by two mischievous pets.

Get Unsung Hero exclusively on Kindle Unlimited
Also available in print.

Shane looked out the small bedroom window. Three hours ago, the space next to his trailer had been vacant. He blinked a few times seeing a vintage school bus painted mint green. A clever hand had painted a redhead behind the wheel of a striped school bus and a black cat hanging out a side window. Both wore WWII leather flying helmets and oversize goggles.

“If the driver of that bus resembles the drawing, we need to keep our distance.”

Liberty ran toward the door and woofed.

“You want to go out?”

Shane had barely taken three steps away from his trailer when a woman dashed past him, calling out the name Winnemucca. Liberty wasn’t one to calmly accept a freewheeling person running past her and tugged hard on the leash.

He’d narrowed the distance between them, but Liberty surpassed the woman and stopped at the base of a pine tree. Shane took a few deep breaths before grabbing the leather loop. “Liberty! Enough!”

The woman gripped one of the lower limbs, but her eyes were focused on the thick branches overhead.

“Winnemucca, leave the squirrels alone!”

“Lady, can you please tell me who or what is up in that tree?”

“My cat. She’s a Toyger breed and is named after Sarah Winnemucca, a Native American born in 1844. She has no problem climbing a tree but is scared to get down.”

Don’t do this, his conscience warned, but he had nothing better to do. He held out the leash. “You hold on to Liberty.”

“You’d really climb the tree to save my cat? You’re a true hero!”

Hero. He immediately flinched. The word was a sore spot in his vocabulary. I’m no such thing.

I’ve always been a romantic at heart and I married my high school sweetheart. I make my home in the Poconos of Pennsylvania. Before I let the dog out, I make sure there aren’t any bears around.

I’m a mom with two grown children who have given me six grandchildren. Two live with me and the other four live in Florida. I visit them twice a year.

We love to travel. Many of the places we’ve visited have inspired me to use as a storyline. I took a land/sea tour of Alaska. I loved it so much, I wrote Frozen Hearts, a romantic suspense that re-creates the entire trip. I live fifteen minutes from the Delaware Water Gap. A Timeless Kiss, the third book in my US Park Ranger series, is based on the troubled history of the national recreation area. I never know what will give me an inspiration, but my mind is always working.

I can hear you asking the question, does she ever stop writing? That’s a Yes! When I’m not giving couples their happily-ever-after, you can find me in the kitchen, baking, especially cookies. I’ve been dubbed the cookie queen by my family and friends. You’ll find a new recipe every month on my website.



We hope you enjoyed your mini-vacation to one of our wonderful locales. Come back again soon to see where we’re going next.

You can find the entire series exclusively on Kindle Unlimited
~ ~ ~
Thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you again soon!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment