Sunday, October 17, 2021

A CHRISTMAS COAT FOR ABIGAIL by Author Angela Lain (Book #1 - Mail-Order Brides' First Christmas Series)

Welcome to Romance Sweet Reads! Today, we’re featuring the first book in the exciting new series ~ Mail-Order Brides’ First Christmas ~ twenty-one wonderful happily-ever-afters, spread out over the next two-and-a-half months for your reading enjoyment!

Today’s featured story is  for A Christmas Coat for Abigail by author Angela Lain.
Cover by Virginia McKevitt of Black Widow Books.

Miss Abigail Baraquin became a Mail-Order Bride to escape the threat of life in a bordello. After such a delightful exchange of letters, she never expected her prospective husband to be a drunken liar, nor did she expect a total stranger to step in and marry her.

Mr. David Ferguson was the black sheep of the family, prone to making rash decisions. He came home to Jessop Creek, Wyoming to reveal to his family how he had turned his life around. On arrival, he rescued a beautiful young woman from a terrible mistake, because that was what a good man should do. Marrying her was a spur of the moment decision. He gave little thought as to what it would mean for a future together.

The die had been cast, as the weather closed in and Christmas approached, they had to make this work, somehow.

Get A Christmas Coat for Abigail on Kindle Unlimited


David regarded his new wife, walking quietly beside him. Until she spoke those words Miss Abigail Marie Baraquin, or rather Mrs. Abigail Ferguson, had seemed so stunned by all the events that she really hadn’t said much at all, except ‘I do’!

“I could not let a lady be treated in such a manner.”

“But you didn’t need to marry me.”

“You agreed, so I did, that is all there is to say.” David was still wondering at himself. Getting married was something he’d never considered since Charis had chosen his brother Ben. But here he was, a married man.

“Oh. Oh no,”

“What is the matter?”

“My earring, it’s gone.” A tear trickled down her cheek and she dashed it away.

“Was it valuable?” David frowned at the other offending earring, he wouldn’t know a valuable piece of jewelry if he saw it, but that particular bauble looked too large to be anything more than glass.

“Only to me,” she admitted. “They were my mother’s, a little gift to remember her. We were not a family who could afford expensive trinkets, but I loved these because they were hers.” She touched the remaining earring sadly.

“Then we will find it.” He took her arm and led her back along the road. “I suspect it is where you fell.”
 

My name is Angela and I live in the countryside in Norfolk, UK, with my husband (an engineer) and my horse. I have two children and three grandchildren, son has a daughter and daughter has twins. I help my daughter with her horses and her whippets (and the twins!) I tend both house and garden, rather reluctantly, and I write and read.

For years I had woven stories in my head, I put the first one on paper while I sat through several endless nights when my young daughter was ill. The bug bit and I slaved long over a typewriter to have a single romance novel accepted and published back in 1990. Then I gave up, too much family life and a business to run. Finally I am less busy, and the availability of computers and self-publishing made it possible to do my own thing.

I write both historical and contemporary romance. I love historical; I enjoy the research, and I write stories set both in America and England. I write sweet stories in the Multi-author series, and others which are (in the words of one of my lovely reviewers) a little bit naughty. Here I don’t always leave at the bedroom door. In those stories, they might get it on, but sex is part of the characters’ lives, not the main purpose.

I like a bit of adventure, excitement and danger. My characters have been involved on the Oregon Trail, in Indian raids in the west, and in the Crimean war. They have been variously stranded in snow storms, caught in tornadoes, kidnapped by ruffians and trapped in cellars. Generally the heroes are tough and noble, and the heroines are feisty and independent. One thing they always get is their happy ending. I don’t like a book without a happy ending, so I really cannot write one.


.
Just in time for the holiday season, wonderfully romantic books from some of your favorite authors. A whole stocking full of heartfelt happily-ever-afters!

You can find all twenty-one books listed on the Mail-Order Brides' Series Page
~ ~ ~
Thank you so much for joining us today for the series overview. We invite you to come back every release day to get a sneak peak at the individual books, including exclusive excerpts available only here at Romance Sweet Reads.

Blessings,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment