Friday, October 29, 2021

A CHRISTMAS HOPE FOR REGINA by Author Patricia PacJac Carroll *Mail-Order Brides First Christmas Series*


Welcome to Romance Sweet Reads! Today, we’re featuring the fourth book in the exciting new series ~ Mail-Order Brides’ First Christmas ~ twenty-one wonderful happily-ever-afters, spread out over the next two-and-a-half months for your reading enjoyment!

Today’s featured story is A Christmas Hope for Regina by author Patricia PacJac Carroll.

Cover by Virginia McKevitt of Black Widow Books.

Secrets and scars gave him a stony heart.
All she has left is hope, and Christmas is on the way.


Regina Collins had answered the letter and left her home in Missouri to make her way to the mountains of Colorado. That was in April. She’d come full of hope with the expectation of starting a new life. But her life in Colorado didn’t look much different than the one she’d left.

Sam Morgan needed a wife to help care for his five-year-old son. He married Regina just like he’d said he would, but if Regina thought he’d be the loving husband, she was mistaken. He’d provide for her, give her children, and protect her. But he wasn’t giving her his heart.

Get A Christmas Hope for Regina on Kindle Unlimited


Regina took comfort that all the animals were sheltered. After another loud bang of thunder, the door to their room opened, and Cody came in.

“I’m scared.” He was rubbing his eyes.

She lifted the covers. “Come over here.”

The little boy scooted between the covers and as close to her as he could. “I’m afraid of storms.”

“They can sound ferocious, can’t they?” She hugged him to her. “I was afraid when I was little. Then my mother sat with me, and we watched one. On the darkest of nights, lightning stabbed the ground, even hit a tree, exploding it right before our eyes. The thunder was as loud as dynamite.”

He stared at her with big eyes. “Weren’t you scared?”

“Yes. My mother explained it was just nature's way of sending rain and knocking down dead limbs and weak trees. But thunderstorms are only for a time as all storms in life are just for an appointed season, and then they move on.”

She tucked the covers around him. “So, I watched the lightning, listened the to loud bangs of thunder and gusts of wind, and after a while, sure enough, it stopped. The next morning the air was clean, the ground watered, and the storm but a memory.” She kissed the top of his head. “So watch the storm and remember that it will go away.”

Soon, Cody was breathing peacefully.

Regina smiled at the memory of her mother’s tender words and care. She was right. Whatever storms came her way would only last for a time. Regina had been desperate, and then she’d found the mail-order bride ad.

Now, she was married to a good man. She did believe that. Sam just needed some time to still the storm that raged inside of him. She knew the day would come when that storm inside her husband would leave. Then his heart would open to her, and she would be there to love him and receive his love.


Patricia PacJac Carroll~ I am a writer, Christian first, and blessed beyond my imagination. I live in the Dallas-Ft Worth area of Texas with my wonderful treasure of a husband, my spoiled dog, Jacs, and my awesome son, Josh. Did I say I was blessed? The PacJac is from my initials and my husbands. I wouldn't be able to write if it weren't for him. I love adventure and the open road. The stories of the western era have always been a favorite of mine. I enjoy writing, and my goal is to write stories readers will enjoy.


Just in time for the holiday season, wonderfully romantic books from some of your favorite authors. A whole stocking full of heartfelt happily-ever-afters!

You can find all twenty-one books listed on the Amazon Series Page

~ ~ ~

Thank you so much for joining us today. We invite you to come back every release day to get a sneak peak at the individual books, as well as the occasional exclusive excerpt available only here at Romance Sweet Reads.

Blessings,
Nancy

1 comment: